Amazing Content!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Warrior

   As I alluded to in my previous post...I am a big fan of Paul O'Neill. My very first ball games came when I was between two and three years old and we were living in Billings, Montana. It just so happens Paul O'Neill started his professional career at Billings. Go Mustangs!

 

   My dad is a lifelong fan of baseball and minor league baseball in particular. Wherever we lived, we went to as many games as we could during the summer months. We rooted for the Mustangs, Emeralds, Beavers, and Indians over the course of time. We had favorite players aplenty - Bob Hamelin is one that sticks out for the Emeralds. Mr. O'Neill was probably our all time favorite. Today is his day, so I'll just leave you with a quote from the man.

 

"You play the game to win the game, and not to worry about what's on the back of the baseball card at the end of the year."

- Paul O'Neill

 

1999 Topps Gold Label [???] #73 - Paul O'Neill - Courtesy of COMC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment